There are many changes & consultants required to successfully complete a building project. Our role is to achieve excellence in design while at the same time advising & guiding you on how to proceed. Each stage is independent & we obtain your approval to proceed to the next stage. The phases are designed to achieve the overall goal of turning your dreams & requirements into a built reality while maintaining the checks & balances required for what is a complex process.
• we assess the site & analyse council/authority regulations.
• we prepare an “Ideas Sketch” (floor plans & elevation or section) which transforms all of the above into an intitial concept.
• we calculate a rough cost based on “guesstimated” construction rates per square metre of building work.
• we prepare a working budget of the major project costs & all likely consultants.
• we prepare the final concept design comprising drawings & three dimensional images.
• if required, this allows you to make design changes prior to us (& the consultants) producing the final construction drawings.
• the objective of this process is to mitigate the client’s risk of embarking on a scheme that is not viable.
• we develop the design to enable an initial costing to be prepared.
Information on finishes are added to the drawings & selected materials & finishes, window & door types etc. are detailed in a comprehensive schedule of finishes.
• these are prepared in conjunction with other consultants such as the structural engineer.
• we co-ordinate & integrate the work of these consultants into our documents.
• this is the most detailed phase of our design work & takes the most time. The level of detail is what allows accurate final pricing for construction, as well as building approval.
• we issue documents to builders for pricing, respond to queries & manage the tender pricing process.
• we negotiate with the preferred contractor to finalise the construction price.
• we prepare & administer the contract documents.
• we use our in-house software developed over many years to track changes in cost & scope of work through the project.
• we have an active role during the construction process & undertake periodic site inspections & meetings, review builder’s submissions & requests & provide working details & information.
• throughout construction we report to the client regarding time, payments & progress.
• we prepare lists of building defects & certify the builder’s work at various stages of completion.
• the final certificate is issued after final inspection.
• This stage of our services is critical in achieving a high quality final result.
• we take on-site measurements to document the existing building.
• this will help inform design decisions regarding additions & alterations.
• we assist with the town planning application, such as preparing shadow diagrams & town planning drawings.
• we respond to information requests & meet with the consultant town planner or council officers.
• we obtain proposals from private building certifiers to prepare application forms & manage the process.
• key outcome is a set of “approved documents” ready to build from.